No time to travel to the NABC? No problem!
Seize your chance to win an NABC title from the comfort of your own home. The NABC Robot Individual—previously known as the NABC Online Individual—is a stratified online event (Unlimited/2000/500) hosted by BBO.
Don’t think you can commit to a three-day event
with a rigid schedule? We’ve got you covered.
Plan your play for a time that works best for you. Each day’s 24 boards must be completed within 12 hours of your start time or prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern, whichever comes first. Just don’t forget to play all three days.
Some stats from previous tournaments:
- Summer 2018 – A Non-Life Master placed first on the second day of this event, with 72.60%. He took 24 points home (eight golds!)
- Spring 2018 – The overall winner was a Strat B player with only 1300 masterpoints. You don’t have to be a pro!
The next NABC Robot Individual is scheduled for March 16-18, 2019.
Free Practice Tourneys
BBO runs several free practice tournaments close to each NABC Robot Individual. Some practice sessions even award prizes or ACBL masterpoints to the top players. Subscribe and we’ll notify you when the practice schedule for the next event becomes available. Until then, you can up your game by playing with robots in BBO‘s Daylong-style tournaments.
Playing with Bots
- The robots used are GIB robots.
- The robots play a modified 2/1 system.
- Check the robot system notes. The robots sometimes deviate from notes if simulations lead them to other conclusions.
- The robot’s understanding of what a bid means can be seen by hovering over the highlighted bid. If the bid is not highlighted, it means the robots have no special understanding or conventional definition for that particular bid.
- If you have any technical issue during the game please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I really liked this challenge and would play it again, time permitting. Each board is available for replay, and you can compare your actions to the bids and plays of other players, providing a great tool for analysis and improvement.
- Fall 2018 (November 19-21)
- Summer 2018 (July 23-25)
- Spring 2018 (March 5-7)
- Summer 2017 (July 23-26)