Beat the bots and walk away with an NABC title
Can’t make it to the NABC? You can join in the fun — and win big — from the comfort of your own home. There’s no need to get out of your PJs when you play in the NABC Robot Individual, a three-day stratified online event hosted by BBO.
Three Strata (Unlimited/2000/500) and Section Awards. Over 3,000 Masterpoints awarded!
Get in shape and win entries
BBO hosts several practice tournaments before each NABC Robot Individual. Practice tourneys are free, restricted to ACBL members and award prizes! BBO also offers up to four ACBL Daylong games every day. With only 12 boards, daylongs are a great routine to prepare for the NABC Robot Individual.
Face-off over the weekend and have more time
Plan your play for a time that works best for you. Now the NABC Robot Individual is held over the weekend (Saturday-Monday) making it more convenient than ever. Also, you’ll have up to 24 hours a day to complete the boards — more time to play!
Interesting results from previous tournaments:
- FALL 2019: A Non-Life Master placed second overall, beating over 2,100 players and winning 36 masterpoints
- SUMMER 2018: A player with just 330 masterpoints won the second day with 72.60%. He took 24 points home (eight golds!)
- SPRING 2018: The winner was a Strat B player with 1300 masterpoints. You don’t have to be a pro!
Schedule & Registration
SUMMER 2020 NABC ROBOT INDIVIDUAL
July 11-13 (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
The regular entry fee is $50. A $10 discount is available for early registrations (see dates below). If you played the previous NABC Robot Individual, you have an additional $6 voucher. The coupon is valid only for the same BBO username and ACBL number.
Only current ACBL members can participate in the main event, so make sure BBO has your ACBL member number and your membership is active (join or renew no later than 4pm Eastern Time on the day before the tournament starts (Friday) so we have time to process your ACBL membership).
What’s the NABC Robot Individual like? You don’t need to guess. Try one of the free Practice Tournaments to see for yourself.
|Free practice tournament #1, Day 1 of 2
Free practice tournament #1, Day 2 of 2
|Saturday, June 27, 2020
Sunday, June 28, 2020
|Free practice tournament #2, Day 1 of 2
Free practice tournament #2, Day 2 of 2
|Saturday, July 4, 2020
Sunday, July 5, 2020
You’ll find the NABC Practice Tournaments in the ACBL World section of BBO. Plan for Saturday! These are two-day events, so you must play both days.
Playing with Bots
I really liked this challenge and would play it again, time permitting. Each board is available for replay, and you can compare your actions to the bids and plays of other players, providing a great tool for analysis and improvement.
- BBO features GIB bots, which play a custom 2/1 system.
- Check the GIB system notes. The bots sometimes deviate from notes if simulations lead them to alternate conclusions.
- The bot’s understanding of what a bid means can be seen by hovering over the highlighted bid. If the bid is not highlighted, it means the robots have no special understanding or conventional definition.
- Technical issues? Please contact email@example.com
Get acquainted with the bots! Check the video below, where Pete Hollands shares useful tips on how to play with BBO bots. Also, Visit the “Robot World” in BBO and play in one of the different tournaments, like the new ACBL Daylong. If you are looking for some informal practice, just rent three bots to play some hands.
- Spring 2020 (March 14-16)
- Fall 2019 (November 23-25)
- Summer 2019 (July 13-15)
- Spring 2019 (March 16-18)
- Fall 2018 (November 19-21)
- Summer 2018 (July 23-25)
- Spring 2018 (March 5-7)
- Summer 2017 (July 23-26)
Conditions of Contest